VISIT A FAMILY IN THE COMMUNITY
Newly released refugees receive basic support from The Red Cross and Anglicare, but it can be daunting landing in a new neighbourhood with little English, little idea of how and where to catch a bus, go shopping or find a GP. If you have some spare time and would like to help out a newly arrived family, please contact us to find out more.
DRIVER TRAINERS REQUIRED
Many refugees need driving lessons – if you think you would be able to help out please contact us with your details and how much time you would like to volunteer.
AND MUCH MORE!
There are so many ways you could help to support asylum seekers and refugees – here are a few more:
– sourcing and delivering donations
– visiting in the community
– committee roles
– giving talks to schools and community groups
– putting together friendship/welcome packs e.g. maternity kits, stationery kits etc
– working with the media – helping to write articles
– talking to friends and family about refugee issues
– attend meetings eg: Red Cross, ARA, Combines Circle of Friends etc
– and any other creative ideas you might have to support asylum seekers
Contact us if you think you can help.