You are cordially invited to attend our next committee meeting:
PLACE: The Hut
1 Euston Rd Aldgate
(see map below)
DATE: November 6th
We would love to meet you.
We have lots to discuss and many stories to share (but keep our meetings to 2 hours max). Last year we offered support to refugee families that we know was greatly valued. We would like to expand our effectiveness this year and welcome your involvement in making a difference to refugees in this difficult political climate. Please come along to meet other members and help us plan for 2013.
Coffee, tea and juice will be available
Please feel free to bring a small snack to share if you wish *optional*
The Hut, Aldgate:
View Larger Map
FOLLOWING MEETINGS PLANNED FOR YOUR DIARIES:
- 15th January, 2014
- 4th March, 2014
- 6th May, 2014
I hope Spring finds you well and entices you to our fabulous Hills Film Festival!
ALDGATE MEMORIAL HALL
SATURDAY 30TH NOVEMBER 2013
WIN FREE PRIZES – FOOD PLATTERS INCLUDED – WINE FOR SALE – CANDY BAR
PEACE ONE DAY
DOORS OPEN FROM 6:00 PM
See how film maker Jeremy Gilley starts his own peace campaign with the United Nations!
BETWEEN THE DEVIL & THE DEEP BLUE SEA
DOORS OPEN FROM 8:00 PM
At nine, Zainab’s family left their Northern Afghanistan home. See their story on screen….
TICKETS: ONE FILM $17.00 PP – TWO FILMS $22.00 PP
BOOKINGS ONLINE AT: www.trybooking.com/DWCU
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR, FURTHER DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please distribute the poster attached below far and wide, print it out and put it on notice boards and the like. The money raised will help our refugee friends in so many practical ways and the movies are important viewing. We’d also love your help on the night if possible. Nathan has also put together a list of volunteering jobs:
Volunteering for the film night includes:
1. Hall set up/pack up – this includes putting out tables/chairs and signs before the films start
2. Pre testing of documentaries and setting up of electrical equipment
3. Set up and selling tickets at the front door for both films
4. Helping with food purchasing and setting up food platters
5. Set up/pack up and working at the Candy bar
6. Meredyth is doing wine sales – but she may need help setting up & we may need to hire/get wine glasses.
7. Somebody to take a range of photographs on the night for media coverage and our newletter/webpage
8. Help with packing up on the night.
9. A person to introduce people to each film and give away prizes.
10. Any other suggestions/requirements re help and assistance
Hills Film Festival!